A Personal Message From The Owner About COVID-19:
Some Helpful Resources:
- Most importantly, call your mortgage company to notify them of your problems. They may be willing to work with you during these tough times.
- If you are uncomfortable talking to your lender, contact a HUD-approved housing counseling agency which is a free service.
- FHA-insured loans can get assistance by contacting HUD’s National Servicing Center at (877) 622-8525.
- There are a number of programs to assist homeowners who are at risk of foreclosure and otherwise struggling with their monthly mortgage payments. You can learn about these at HUD.gov.
- Fannie-Mae COVID-19 Relief
- Payment relief through a forbearance plan offers a reduction or suspension of your mortgage payments for up to 12 months, offered in increments of up to six months
- Late fee relief during your forbearance plan period
- Repayment options following your forbearance, including a repayment plan to catch up gradually or a permanent loan modification that aims to maintain or reduce your monthly payment.
- Freddy-MAC Relief
- Ensuring payment relief by providing forbearance for up to 12 months
- Waiving assessments of penalties or late fees.
- Halting all foreclosure sales and evictions of borrowers living in homes owned by the company until at least June 1, 2020.
- Suspending reporting to credit bureaus of past due payments of borrowers who are in a forbearance plan as a result of hardships attributable to this national emergency.
- Offering loan modification options to provide mortgage payment relief or keep those payments the same after the forbearance period.
- If you have a small business impacted by COVID-19 there is a new loan program now available through the Small Business Association. They can be reached at 800-827-5722.
If you are experiencing financial pressure related to real estate problems, you can also reach out to us and we’ll help you navigate your options. We are well connected in the local and national real estate industry and our resources are yours too.